Friday, December 14, 2012

Neighbor Christmas Party

Years ago some of the couples on the street started an adult Christmas party. It's a good dose of laughter therapy; With EJ Raven at a party you're bound to laugh at some point. I love the party because it is the one time that I get to chat with neighbors that I rarely see. This year it was our turn to host the event. With the passing of my dad everyone tried to get me to let them take it over last minute. I had already planned everything and it was nice to be able to focus on something for a while so we just went ahead and hosted. We played Family Feud, ate Chicken Cordon Blu and everyone's salad and dessert contributions, and of course had a white elephant gift exchange. My favorite, or at least the most memorable, item in the exchange was the bacon flavored toothpaste. Just smelling it made me nauseous-- but I hate bacon. I think there were a few that thought it was a good idea. :) It's always a great time catching up with everyone.

No comments: