Monday, March 11, 2013

Kade's Science Fair Project

Kade gets really enthused about everything they talk about at school, so it was no surprise to me that he, "Really wanted to do a science fair project."  Because they fell due during the week the Grobs were staying with us we forgot to do a board and all that went with it.  He did come up with what he wanted to do all by himself.  Even though I tried to explain to him that it would be hard to "measure" the results he still wanted to do it so he did.  He planned on testing it more than once but never remembered.  Here is what he wrote in the Science Fair Project Packet.
THE QUESTION I WILL TRY TO ANSWER FOR MY SCIENCE PROJECT IS:
What product makes your hands the smoothest?
THE TITLE OF MY PROJECT WILL BE:
Hand Smoothers
MY HYPOTHESIS IS:
I think that Marcia's Magic will make hands the smoothest.
THE VARIABLES I WILL TEST, COMPARE OR EXAMINE ARE:
-Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion
-Marcia's Magic
THIS IS HOW I WILL CONDUCT MY EXPERIMENT(MY PROCEDURE):
I will put lotion on half of your left hand.  I will put Marcia's Magic on half of your right hand.  Then I will look through my magnifying glass to see which one is the smoothest.  I will do this everyday to see which one is the best.
MY RESULTS"
Day 1: First hands were white and crusty.  The Magic took it all away.  The lotion took away the white but not the wrinkles.  The part that I did nothing to but got wet with water stayed white and crusty.
It was kind of entertaining to watch him be so serious about this.  His comments on the result made me think I better go drink some more water if my hands are described as crusty and white. :)

No comments: