Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Vivian Park Trail Ride and Fish Pond, and Bridal Veil Falls

We have been really loving the UNPLUGGED program that Heber Valley Tourism has been doing this year.  We got a late start because at the beginning of summer we spent every minute working on the moving process and any minute that wasn't devoted to moving was spent out of town.  Well we finally got our Summer On!  We today we went with the Spencers down Provo Canyon to Vivian Park.  We took our bikes and rode the trail down to Bridal Veil Falls.  I can't believe I haven't done that before.  It is SO beautiful.  The kids really enjoyed the ride too. It wasn't super short but not too long either-- just right! :)  We haven't been to Bridal Veil for a couple years I think, so we were excited to find the new fish pond they have created.  There is a little section of the pond that they have rocked off and they have planted some fish in it.  The kids were excited to purchase some fish food from the dispenser, throw the food in the water, and then watch the fish attack.  Then we moved down to hike the waterfall a little.  Kade and Clint were pretty disappointed; I wouldn't let them go all the way to the top.  I think they could have gone far and done well but I couldn't leave Cole to go help  them if they got in trouble so I kiboshed their accent to the top.  They did get to go up quite far so I think they were still happy.  While we were climbing I looked over to the highway and noticed the 4 FedEx guys standing staring at the falls.  I thought, "This is why we don't get our packages on time."  I'm glad they, "stop and smell the roses," even if their job is pushed by time-- good for them!  When we were done playing in the pond we jumped on our bikes and headed back to Vivian Park.  The kids fished in the river for a little while but just couldn't catch anything.  The river is so shallow and clear you could watch all the fish swim next to your bait but they just wouldn't bite.  Oh well, we still get Brag Tags!  Yeah! For Brag Tags!  We just earned 2!







No comments: