Saturday, July 26, 2014

Demolition Derby!

Like most youth in Sevier County, Darryl and I went to the Demolition Derby every year.  Well since we were kids (that is bizzare to say) we haven't been to a derby, until this year.  Our boys thought it was, "SO AWESOME!!!"  Watching their excitement and listening to their amazement made me feel kind of bad.  I felt like I have deprived them of some wonderful thing.  One thing that made the derby so fun for me was that we knew a few of the drivers so we got to cheer them on.  I don't remember specifics from the past derbys I have been to but it seemed like back then the drivers would cower in the corner as long as they could in hopes to save their cars and keep them running so they could win the prize in the end.  At this derby it seemed like the drivers were more interested in entertaining the crowd.  We all really had a blast and we're already counting down the days until next year.  

We were sitting near Paul and Wendy Malan.  They were both getting a kick out of Cole and Clint and their dancing.  The background music isn't just in the background for these two.  They just can't help themselves.




No comments: