Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Caroling






















The Bosshardt tradition is to go caroling at the local hospital and care center on Christmas Eve. We wrangled in the Swasey family this year to add to our minuet choir. The boys were so excited to sing. Thanks to a radio station that plays continuous Christmas music the boys have learned, Jingle Bells, Holly Jolly Christmas, Feliz Navidad, Rudolph, Mr. Grinch, Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, Jingle Bell Rock, and more. Unfortunately we sang mostly hymns and so the boys helped out with a few words here or there. They enjoyed handing out oranges too. Kade wasn't very patient though. If they didn't take it promptly from his hand he threw it in their lap. Clint loves oranges so it made for some funny events. The first lady we caroled Clint gave her the orange as told, then when we got in the car he whined, "That lady took my orange." After that he'd learned his lesson. Then next few people we caroled to he would extend his orange out to the people but when the went to take it he'd say, "That's my orange." and quickly tuck it back into his arms. I'm just loving the boys' excitement this year. We sprinkled some "reindeer food" outside tonight. Kade was so careful.

3 comments:

Spencer's Adventures said...

That sounds fun...since you can all sing!!! That will be a great tradition for your family for years to come!

Sarah said...

What a fun tradition! Hope you had a wonderful holiday...and p.s....somehow I pulled a c+???? :) See ya soon!

Jenny said...

I can't carry a tune but I sure sing loud in the car. I would love to go caroling, I wish I could sing! I love the reindeer food idea too, boy reading these blogs makes me think I need to be a better mom and do more things with my kids.