Thursday, December 25, 2008

Family Party




My family tradition is to get together for a prime rib, and shrimp dinner prepared by my family. We use to all draw names and swap presents at the party too but since the grand kids are getting larger in numbers we've tossed out the adults and now the cousins just swap. It's so fun to see how excited the kids get. We usually play the candy bar game where you shake a dice and if you get a 6 you get to put on a bunch of over sized clothes and try to open up an excessively wrapped king-sized candy bar before the next person shakes a 6. We use to play the dot game too. In that game you try to keep a beat and say, "I have _____ dots, how many dots does _____ have?" If you mess up someone puts a dot on your face either with a washable marker or stickers. The games kind of died out as the adults got older but I think the grand kids are starting to get into them and so I think in a couple years they'll be going strong again.

No comments: