Friday, December 5, 2008

Kade's Wish

We have a great new Christmas tradition this year. Last year we were given a little manger with a bag of straw and a baby Jesus. Each time someone does something nice for someone they get to add straw to the manger to prepare it for when Jesus comes. Then on Christmas morning the kids find baby Jesus in the manger.

The boys are really loving it. I love it that everyday they run up to me and say, "I get to put straw! "

Tonight they said they helped their friend so we got out the bag of straw. Kade took his pieces and held them close to his mouth, half way closed his eyes, and whispered something like, "I wish I may, wish may. I want to play with my mom." Then he blew on the straw. I'm not sure where he picked that up but it was SO cute. I just love him to pieces!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a cute idea.
Such a cute little Kade.
(must be in the name) ;-)

Spencer's Adventures said...

That is so nice and sweet that you actually use that for what it was made for. Abby still sleeps with her baby Jesus. We have had to rewrap him up many times. Your boys are good to leave the straw alone. We tried it, but it just didn't take. We'll just have to live this one through you!

deb said...

that is such a cute idea jenn. I love it. how cute are your boys. Olivia loves them. we need to get together and bake when you have free time. we could do it here or there whatever is best for you. let me know when you're not too busy