Saturday, February 6, 2010

Kade Pictures

I took Kade for his 5 year pictures today. It was quite the crazy experience. We decided it would be easiest if I just Kade and I ran to Orem to get pictures and do a little shopping while Darryl stayed home with Clint and Cole. It was the craziest 3 1/2 hours but we made it back without starving Cole.
When we got there the portrait studio was full of people; there were two families finishing up and the photographer was trying to train a new guy. It was madness! However, I loved the new guy. He came up with the cutest back grounds and poses and he had Kade laughing the whole time. With the watermarks it's hard to appreciate how fabulous these $4.99 package photos are. While we waited for our turn we ran around the store and got a few items, then after we had our photo shoot we ran around again while they uploaded the photos. Then the new guy was trying to order my photos and had no idea what he was suppose to do so he messed up a lot and had to start over a half a dozen times. Finally after he'd interrupted the photographer a few times she realized she needed to come help him-- ya think! Then when we hit the checkout the checker was befriending Kade which was super nice of her but I didn't have time to make friends today! She gave the scanner gun to Kade and let him scan items. Kade thought it was the coolest thing ever and the lady was pretty great too. I was so glad she did it but I'm just saying it would have been nicer on a day that I wasn't trying to race home to a nursing baby. We had one more stop to pick up the firetruck pinata and then it was off to Heber. All of this took much longer than I ever would have expected-- and we were hustling as fast as possible, so much so that I didn't take advantage of pushing to get my free 10X13(realize I could have saved $20). That says a lot if you know how much of a penny pincher I am. While we were finally headed to Heber Kade said, "Mom, how much oil[gas] we have?" He often asks what the gauges in the car are currently saying. Well I hadn't even bothered to check. Sure enough the orange light was on and we needed to stop for gas or we wouldn't make it through the canyon. I'm so glad he asked before we got up the canyon and stuck. So then it was a mad dash to find a gas station. When we arrived in Heber we found all well! Yea! We did it! Cole did squawk a few times but had settled down with his binki. Glad that night is over, glad we got so much done, and glad that Cole didn't have to scream and cry.

2 comments:

Spencer's Adventures said...

What a handsome guy! You are so good at keeping up to date with the pictures.

thelarsenfamilyexpeditions said...

Boy is he growing fast. So cute.