Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's











As long as I can remember, these cookies have greeted me at the doorstep every Valentine's Day. Growing up my mom would make these tasty cookies then sneak out the beauty shop door and leave the cookies and a card for each of the kids on the doorstep, ring the doorbell and run back down through the beauty shop door. We knew she did it but we enjoyed the surprise every year. My mom still sends these cookies to us in the mail. One year she tried to use her Seal-a-meal. She had stacked the cookies 3 deep and sucked out the air with the seal-a-meal. By the time they arrived at out house they had become one; one big cookie that is. Every year I try to keep the tradition of "kicking the Valentine Cookies." Simple little tradition but Valentine's Day wouldn't be the same without them.
Darryl surprised me with balloons and chocolates from the YW fundraiser, he also gave me a great card. He went shopping for me so I had him get a new military combat computer game for himself-- Happy Valentine's! Kade has been into telling time so we gave the boys little Tonka truck watches I found on clearance for $1--WaHoo.
Happy Love Day!

No comments: