Monday, June 21, 2010

Gooseberry 2010

We had a grand time at Gooseberry this year. The boys missed Ann's kids; They were at the Grob family reunion this year so they couldn't make it to Gooseberry. Our friend Brendan joined us this year. Unfortunately his wife had to work so he came by himself. Darryl got in a lot of fishing this year. The boys had fun fishing at Cold Springs. Clint and Kade mastered casting this year. Clint even cast, hooked, and reeled in 2 fish without any assistance. Kade probably would have done the same but he was a little distracted from fishing by Uncle Gary's air soft gun. The flying squirrle was a hit again, as was the candy cannon. Brendan and Jason fashioned two rockets that would almost go out of sight in the air. We then started launching them at a 45 degree angle and retrieving them from the Gooseberry Campground. It was amazing how far they would go. Taping the rockets lengthwise is the way to go. We did the traditional hike to Annie Bangs cabin. The kids were pretty good considering they were hiking up hill in the heat for about a mile. My parents came up with Porter one afternoon for a quick fishing trip. It was great to be fishing with my dad again. I really miss our weekly fishing trips that we use to make when I was living at home. I LOVE the picture of Cole with Marcia. I wish there wasn't a shadow on Marcia though.

1 comment:

Cherlelynn Bednar said...

Jenn-Thanks a ton! I didn't even notice the pictures before. I borrowed a few more. Thanks again! Cherlelynn :)