Thursday, June 10, 2010

LAGOON

Another fabulous trip to Lagoon. This year Clint was not as frightened and he attempted and enjoyed many more rides. There were a few rides however that he didn't like and as you can see in pictures it was obvious, but he still made sure we knew he didn't want to ride them again. He didn't completely fall apart on any of the rides though. He did change his mind about bumper cars-- after it had already started. I tried to tell him to quit turning the wheel and he'd just stay stuck by the wall away from everyone but he just kept turning the wheel frantically and saying, "Make it stop!" I felt bad for him but there wasn't much I could do so I laughed and hugged him extra tight when he got off the ride. Kade acted like the amusement park pro. I think every ride he did his seat belt before the workers got a chance. He would coach Clint through rides and tell him he'd ride with him if he wanted him to. When they would get on a ride together Kade would buckle himself in and then start buckling in Clint. Kade was in heaven. He wants to buy one of the old houses in Lagoon and move there. Kade also requested we try out a photo booth. We thought we were all in the picture but obviously we weren't. It was still fun to try to squeeze all of us in there. Typically we would head home about dinner time but everyone was still having a great time so we stayed until closing. 11 AM-10PM, 11 hours of running for the boys without naps. They were great though. They did sleep-in the next morning. Cole was great too. He hung out in his stroller for most of the day. He took a few naps, watched the rides, and just cooed all day. The weather was pretty nice. The morning was hot, then clouds moved in, dime sized hail fell, a few rain showers, then the sun came out again for a while, but the clouds came back but not precipitation this time. It was nice to not be super hot all day. Kade was barely 42 in. this year which meant that he could go on a couple more rides. He LOVED them. He can't wait until he's 50 in. so he can go on all the rides. He thinks it might happen next year but with the height he inherited he'll likely have to wait A LOT longer. I got to ride the SkyCoaster. It was a blast. I've always wanted to but I'm too much of a tightwad to spend more money on a ride. Well Darryl took care of that. He was determined to get me and a few of his co-workers on it so he bought our tickets without us. I thought Rodney was going to cry or pass-out. Kris seemed scared but I knew she had it in her. The initial drop and the initial swing were the best. I couldn't quit laughing. What a ride! By looking at the pictures you'd think that Clint hated Puff the Magic Dragon. He was actually just yelling "Hi" to Darryl who was quite a ways away.

3 comments:

sono felice said...

I'm guessing that "Puff the Magic Dragon" was not on Clint's "lets do it again" list.

Jenn said...

I know that is a funny picture. Actually he's not screaming to get off. He was just screaming Hi to Darryl, who was quite a ways away. I meant to mention that in my post so I'd remember-- I'll have to add it now. He liked it but said he didn't want to do it again.

Jenn said...

I know that is a funny picture. Actually he's not screaming to get off. He was just screaming Hi to Darryl, who was quite a ways away. I meant to mention that in my post so I'd remember-- I'll have to add it now. He liked it but said he didn't want to do it again.