Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Christus

We have a 18 in. Christus statue in our front room. The boys aren't in the front room too often but when they are Kade seems to always crack me up. When he was about 18 mon. he had just learned how to 'give me five'. I was in playing the piano when I heard Kade say, "Five, five, five, five." I wondered who he was wanting to give a high five to so I turned around just in time. Kade was mid swing to give Jesus a high five. It took some explaining but he didn't attempt it again with the statue.
Just the other day I was playing the piano again and hear Kade say, "Jesus is sad. Stop crying. Stop crying. Stop crying. It's okay. I'm right here." I never acknowledged what he was saying and so he came over near me to inform me that, "Jesus is sad." I asked him why he was sad. Kade responded, "Probably it's cause he's hungry."

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I am so sad when I am hungry too! What a considerate little man!