Monday, June 16, 2008

7 Years Together

It seems like we've been together forever. But when you think back to college life it doesn't seem like it was forever ago. 7 years really isn't that long. We've done so much in those 7 years though. I taught my first 4 years of school. Darryl finished school and has had some great jobs. We've lived in 4 cities and owned 3 houses. We've had a lot of fun times together after work playing tennis, swimming, rollerblading, and exploring. Then we had two babies whom are no longer babies. :` ( And we've just been loving every moment with them since.

I saw this on a blog and thought it would be fun for our Anniversary.



What is his name? Darryl Arlen

Who eats more? Darryl maybe?

Who said I love you first? Me :) funny story.

Who is taller? Darryl, like anyone couldn't guess that.

Who sings better? Darryl

Who is smarter? Darryl if we're talking Jeopardy. Me if we're talking numbers.

Whose temper is worse? Who ever had a rough day.

Who does the laundry? Me.

Who does the dishes? Both of us. Darryl empties the dishwasher pretty often.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I sleep closest to the door to get up with crying kids.

Who pays the bills? I do.

Who mows the lawn? Me mostly. It's the only thing we've ever really fought about. I love to do it so I do and Darryl was raised that if Mom is mowing we're all in big trouble! After he really understood I enjoy it he lets me but he likes to do it too if he has time.

Who cooks dinner? Me. Darryl use to be great in the kitchen then he married me and he gave it up. Now if I'm not around he survives off hot dogs, frozen pizza, and frozen burritos. Yum!

Who drives when you are together? Darryl. His nephew informed us once though that, "Girls can drive too Uncle Darryl."

Whose parents do you see the most? It's pretty equal where they both live so close to each other.

Who is more sensitive? Me, by far.

Who has more friends? If you don't count co-workers then I have more friends

Who has more siblings? Darryl. I am the last of 4 and Darryl is the 3rd of 8.

Who wears the pants in the family? I'm copying what my friend said: Darryl, but I wear a great shirt.

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy anniversary! Brian and I were talking about the two of you the other day! You both are so interesting and have done so much! I love how unaffraid to try thing you both are! CONGRATULATIONS ON 7 years!

The Cox Family said...

Happy Anniversary as well! You guys really are such great people and have such a cute family. It was fun reading your post and getting to know you guys a little bit better!

Rachel said...

So cute!
7 years really isn't that long at all. On your Golden Wedding anniversary you will be saying the same thing too!
So funny about the lawn mowing. It is funny to see how everyone views that little chore!

Rhi said...

Has is really been 7 years. WOW! Congrats!

renee' said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! It will be fun to look back at your answers in another 7 years to see what is the same and what has changed. I love mowing the lawn too!

K'Brina Colby said...

Happy Anniversary. And it really hasn't been that long:) The years fly by when you are happy!!

deb said...

Happy anniversary!!!I remember your wedding. you are so cute jenn. I need to come visit. I have been so stinkin busy. we just got back from being out of town and they called me to be the new primary singing lady and we have to talk on sunday. so Im kinda going out of my mind. I should be preparing, but instead I am blogging. Hope you had a great anniversary and I hope to see you sometime soon

rosie said...

Happy Anniversary!
This is a really cute post, it is fun to get to know you better! I just thought I would let you know we have a new blog than the one you have linked on your page. Is is ejandrosie.blogspot.com! I hope you are having fun at girls camp!

Cassy said...

Happy Anniversary a little late. I am still catching up on everyone's blog after moving.