Friday, June 20, 2008

Girls Camp

We survived and we had a blast! Can I just say I LOVE Young Womens Camp. I don't ever remember going and not having a super great time. We spent all last week at the Heber Valley Camp. It is a camp designed for YW groups but is open to others on the weekend. What an awesome place! They have a challenge course, a lake for canoeing, and other great facilities. It was wonderful but next year we'll be roughing it all the way! I really believe we all need to learn to be a little more self reliant and what better way to do that than living in the mountains for a few days!
It was quite the experience going with our ward this year. We only have 5 active girls, all of whom are beehives. Needless to say their excitement keeps them talking all night which equals no sleep for us. We had so much fun with Penelope(a life size cardboard girl who was used for a FHE lesson and the girls packed her around like she was part of their group), our skit and camp calls, and games. Our group was so great--and I'm SO glad they were. I'll post some pictures after I get them from the other leaders.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Glad to see you guys are back, I didn't realize you were gone until I read Wendy's blog. I wondered why you both had disappeared and stopped posting! Can't wait to see the other photos. I can't believe we only have behives in our ward!

renee' said...

I love Girl's Camp! Glad to hear you had a great time, can't wait to see your pictures! That is too funny about Penelope.

Rachel said...

It is hard leaving kids, but what a great time! I love that place up there, but I agree with you, you gotta rough it a few years to know how good it is up there!

Glad you are back!

Rhi said...

I loved girls camp. Sounds like you had lots of fun!