Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fathers Day

What a great crazy day. Kade and I made Darryl a pancakes and eggs breakfast in bed. I felt so bad I didn't get cards to our dads. Life has just been a huge whirl wind lately. After Fathers and Sons we headed to Salt Lake to a Redmond Trading get together. I still need to do lots to get ready for YW camp so it's pressing on my mind more than Fathers Day unfortunately. Believe me that has no correlation to my feelings for the Dads in my life. I miss the days where Dad and I would spend many Saturdays throughout the year at Fish Lake fishing. My dad is SO amazing. It has been 3 years since is cancer diagnosis and every day for the past 3 years he's devoted to serving for the church. He taught Sunday school, Stake Presidency secretary, works at the temple, and does indexing all day. I remember thinking he needed to stop all this and just take it easy. Oh did I need a wake up call. I believe it is all that he does that has kept him going and has resulted in his "cancer free" MRIs. I love him so much and he'll always be my hero.
Darryl's dad is such a great guy too. He's always so good to help everyone. He's super great with the boys. He really loves to do fun, and sometimes goofy things with the grand kids.
Darryl, what a great father. Both my boys are HUGE daddy's boys. Despite some jealously I love it. Besides being so great with our boys he is so good to me. I rely on him for SO much. I may always gripe about him being a workaholic but the truth is I'm so glad he loves to work. What a man; and I love every bit of him!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love my Dad, I love other people's Dad's too, DAD's are truely amazing!