Thursday, September 25, 2008

One of Those Days

Well I had 'one of those days' where I probably would have been better off keeping the boys and I in pajamas and playing at home. My parents had to come up to Provo for Dr. appointments so we planned on going to lunch. My sister would be joining us with her littlest boy Porter. I wanted the boys to get a nap in before our day in Provo began. However, when I have a plan life doesn't seem to always go that way. Kade wouldn't sleep and was being so loud so Clint wouldn't sleep solid. So, the nap was a wash. I had to go fill out some paper work at the UVU Wasatch campus and the boys were so crazy because they were tired. The secretary didn't seem impressed with their behavior-- nor was I. Frazzled, but finished with the paperwork, I loaded the boys in the car and headed to Provo. Clint crying from starvation and Kade was half awake crying that his stomach hurt and he thought he'd throw up. Frazzled more we finally arrived at the Brick Oven. We made it in and the food was GREAT as was it to see my family. Kade, wasn't being so great. All manners were out the window and so again I was frazzled more. We finished our lunch and headed to our cars. Digging through my purse, "Where on earth are my keys?" In the car that's where-- locked in the car that is! I call Provo police, they won't help. I call a locksmith and 30 min. and $48 dollars later I'm in my car. I SWEAR could I become more frazzled!?. Oh, yes.
I had to get a few things at Roberts, we're shopping Kade has to go to the bathroom. Clint starts going into the men's so I say, "No Clint. That is the boys we have to go in the girls." Honestly, did I really need to say that! Kade, being very irrational due to lack of sleep, starts crying hysterically. "I don't want to be a girl!" I try to calm him and tell him mom can't go in the boys, but he isn't consoling very well. Now he couldn't go potty because he was so upset. F. .r. . a. . z. .z. . l . .e. . D! I wasn't going out of that bathroom until he had because I planned on just heading back to Heber and I wasn't going to deal with that during the drive. After what seemed like and eternity I calmed him enough that he went, but as soon as we got out of the bathroom he started again. "Don't make me a girl Mom!" Well I calmed him again saying it's over, we can't change it, and Mom couldn't go in the other room anyway. He's still pouting a little and then we hit the tunnel up Provo Canyon. I have the perfect plan to get him happy again. The boys LOVE it when I roll down the windows and honk in the tunnel. I proceed with my plan and Kade responds with a frightening cry. "Kade, what's the matter? Calm down I can't understand you. What's wrong." Kade was not throwing a fit this time. It was a terrible something is really wrong cry. He sputters out in between sobs. "That wasn't very nice of you." He's always loved it in the past?!. I say I'm sorry and the he explains more but all I caught were 3 words: My, Balloon, and Hand. Putting it all together I realize Kade's helium balloon that he'd gotten at the Brick Oven was sucked out the window when I rolled it down ripping it right out of his hands. I just wanted to go to bed and be done with this day. I told Kade I'd take him to the store and we'd get him another. I needed him happy because our day was not over. We had to go to the youth softball games that night and watch the Young Women. Thankfully we made it through the ball game, and home without another mishap. I did however forget to finish some laundry and boil some eggs that Darryl needs for his trip tomorrow. At this point I'm not frazzled I'm just too tired, I just want to sleep-- my pillow felt so wonderful.

6 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

OH man Jenn. Those days are the worst. And it always seems like it's one thing after another. Thank you for making me realize I'm not alone!! Haha. Some days are perfectly great, and then the others are just craziness.

I really hope our next baby is as great as Clint has been for you. I remember him as an infant just totally chillin' on the couch for long periods of time. It was so weird to me I had to pick him up and play with him, but he was just so happy being all by himself- totally opposite of MJ!

I think our guys are having fun together! I'm watching a chick flick tonight! How about you?!

Jenny said...

Jenn, bring the boys over more so they will feel comfortable staying here with me while you do YW things or go to PROVO! So sorry Frazzeled girl, I can so relate! SORRY...

Spencer's Adventures said...

I hate days like that! At least it wasn't on your birthday!

Maria said...

Yikes- I have to say that is pretty impressive and may even top my worst day. Kade sounds like he is hilarious. I am sure it wasn't funny at the time, but the whole "don't turn me into a girl thing is hilarious."
So your birthday cake looks so yummy. Remember our pretty much daily trips to karens korner. It is nice to know I am not the only person over 25 who still LOVES candy.
It sounds like you have been busy canning. I am so jealous you get to benefit from your parents garden. I miss being in Utah so bad during this time of year.
Oh, and I love the birthdat cake picture of the boys. They are so funny!

Stephanie said...

I am so sorry you had a rough day but I caught myelf laughing out loud while reading the story. I know how hard it is to find the humor at that moment some times! Hopefully you aren't due for another day like that for a while. lol

Grob Family said...

Wow!!! I feel for you. I've had plenty of those days too, but it sure was funny ready it. I can see Kade being sad about being "a girl". I'm sure it wasn't funny to you, but in a few years you can look back and laugh. Very cute!!!