Thursday, September 11, 2008

We're ready!

We're ready for winter. Let me rephrase that; Our pantry is ready for winter. I could use another month, maybe two, or even three of summer.
This week I've been staying at my parents helping get the garden canned and froze.

This was my crazy week:
Monday-- Beans
Tuesday-- Corn
Wednesday-- Salsa, and Tomato Soup
Thursday-- Beets, and Pickles


With nothing ripe left in the garden we had to stop processing. Give the tomatoes 1 more week and it will be time to make some V8. Gardens are a lot of work but it's SO nice to have them.

I have to add that one thing I regret from my youth is that I didn't realize what a great thing my mom was teaching me. Even though we helped her can throughout the summer I didn't really try to learn the art. I wish I would have. Now I'm attempting to remember everything and so it was SO great to have my mom's help. Dad and Jori helped pick the veggies and husk the corn. Thank you, thank you!

5 comments:

Erica said...

Hey Jennifer-I don't know if you remember us-the Hill's from Price. I went to school with Darryl a long time ago and then we were down there after we got married. You just had Kade when we moved. I love your blog site. It's fun to catch up on your life in so little time. I was going through some boxes and found your wedding invitation and wondered how things are going? Hope all is well.
Just a side note-I happen to be making salsa to bottle right now!

Spencer's Adventures said...

Will you give me lessons next year?! I need to do better.

Jenn said...

Erica, It was so fun to hear from you. I was hoping to see your blog to catch up with you guys. Where are you guys now? You'll have to leave your e-mail address or something. Darryl will be excited to see your comment.

K'Brina Colby said...

I just love it...someone else who likes to can. It is a lot of work, but totally worth it. And best of all it makes you feel awesome to feed your family with fresh, good for them, food=)

Dani said...

That's what I've been doing lately too, hence, no blogging. But it is such a good thing!