Sunday, December 27, 2009

12 Days

A great friend from Darryl's work did the 12 Days of Christmas to the boys this year. It was so much fun. The boys still make me check and see if there is a gift on our door step. Every night we read a story by candle light. Each story talked was different but each relayed to true meaning of Christmas. Hopefully the boys will get the stories a little more next year. Each day they brought a poem about a different symbol of Christmas. There was usually a craft for the boys which they really enjoyed doing. I wish we would have recorded their reactions each night. They were so appreciative to whoever was doing it. Kade would often say that the people who were doing it were really nice-- and he was right.
Funny story:
One night after the startling loud knock we all went to the door got the gift and then sat down to inspect it. The phone rang so I went to get it. It was a neighbor who said, "Jenn, I just saw a guy run from your house and jump into a van. Do you know what that's about?" I explained to him what was going on. He said, "Oh then I'll back off and won't beat him up." He started following the van and was ready to go after whoever was in the van. I was just glad to know that there are people out there looking out for us.

No comments: