Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day

We made it to Christmas morning and as Clint says, "I don't want Christmas to be over," either. Christmas morning the boys woke up at 6:15 and Darryl took them downstairs and let them watch a movie for about 30 min. so we could squeeze in a little more sleep. Then it was to the trees! The boys have a tiny tree in their room and when we sat it up Kade said how much he wanted Santa to put presents under it, well sure enough Santa put a could presents under that tree. Then it was off to the front room to see what Santa had left. The boys grabbed their stockings and were ecstatic to find jelly beans, walkie-talkies, silly string, and foam soap. I really think Santa could have brought them a year supply of silly string and they would have been good--1 can made them laugh all day. They got a Smart Cycle from Santa, Linkin Logs, games, sidewalk paint, and bubble bath. Kade got a race track and Clint got a vacuum(may sound like a silly gift but it was the hit of the day). Santa really knows Clint. The vacuum was the first thing unwrapped. We told him we'd get it out of the box later but he just couldn't wait. When he'd open a present it would go something like this: He'd unwrap it, look at it, say "Wow! Look at this! I got a _______!" He was genuinely excited. Then instantly he'd say, "Can I open my vacuum now?" He "sucked up junk" all day and then when we headed to the Bosshardt Grandparent's house that night the first thing he said to everyone is, "I GOT A VACUUM! Let me show you how it works." He proceeded to vacuum Grandma's house for her. Kade gave Clint an ambulance and Clint gave Kade a Bow and Arrow set. They both loved them and were so thankful to each other. Grandpa and Grandma Bosshardt gave them some toys that you put together which they had a lot of fun playing with and some aliens in a flying saucer. Grandpa and Grandma Brown gave us some money that I think we'll use toward a new camera. Darryl's been wanting one but I started looking for one for him and decided that just is one of those things that he's got to pick out. He surprised me / shocked me with a Gypsy(I don't know if I was more impressed that he got it for half the price or that he got me one-- I just LOVE a GREAT deal!) and the soundtracks for Wicked and Joseph. I asked him if he felt like Pres. Obama; who said the other night on TV that the presents he gives are always better than the those that he gets. Darryl laughed as he looked at his new gloves and car window cleaner. Jim, our friend from PA, gave us all kinds of chocolate, clothes, cars, hats, cookies, ornaments, and candles. He always knows how to make our Christmas super special.

No comments: