Saturday, December 5, 2009

5 Weeks

With less than 5 weeks left until the official c-section date of Jan. 8th it's really sinking in that we're going to have a baby in our house again. I've been thinking about diapers again, potty training, nursing, sleeping, binkis and all that newborns entail. I'm so nervous to do it all again. When I had Clint I was still in baby mode with Kade so it didn't even phase me. In fact I was excited to apply things I had learned from having Kade as a newborn. I feel like now we've been out of baby mode for years now and I feel like I've forgot everything. I'm sure we'll just take it one day at a time and it will all go just fine.
This pregnancy has gone well. I really am lucky to have pretty easy pregnancies. I was miserable for a few weeks, during the classic weeks, but after those weeks passed I feel pretty good. Some days my back really kills me but I'm good once I get moving. It's so hard to remember the other pregnancy details but I feel like this baby sticks out forward much more than the others did. I know I can feel this little guy much more than the others. Darryl and I get such a kick out of him. He pushes his head/arm/leg/?something as hard as he can and just holds it for a long time. It feels like you're touching him when you put your hand where he's pushing. Kade I know was higher because he use to push my rib cage apart often. This guy is lower too when he gets the hiccups I faintly feel him hit my pelvis bone. With Kade and Clint it was obvious when they had hiccups. You could watch my stomach almost jump. With Kade and Clint I remember feeling like there was no room for food when I would eat I was well aware I'd just eaten for the fact that I felt so stuffed even if I just ate a little. With this guy I never feel like that but I do know I've eaten because I get acid reflux every time-- sometimes it's worse than other times. The first two pregnancies we told everyone when I was 3 mo. so I still had a long time before I started showing after everyone knew. With this guy we told everyone when I was 5 mon. and I felt like I shouldn't be showing for a while so I've felt like I've been getting too big too fast. It haven't been as eager to get into the maternity clothes but have realized that I'm at the end I should be big-- granted I'm not loving that but it's not a permanent thing so it's okay. I feel like I'm bigger than I was with the other two pregnancies but I don't know if that's just because I can't remember or what. I measure like I did with Clint; around one cm. small every appointment. With Kade my doc. never measured so I'm not sure where we were there.
One thing that I've regretted in all my pregnancies is that I haven't taken more pictures. I have no pictures of me pregnant with Kade, and one with Clint that was fussy and I think I was about 6 or 7 months. Well I thought I'd do better with this pregnancy but so far this is the first picture I've taken.

10 comments:

Katie said...

So exciting! It is coming so soon!

Spencer's Adventures said...

I just had to do a doubke take. When you said nursing, sleeping, binkis...I thought your wrote BIKINIS! Your probably not feeling like any of those right now :).

Stephanie said...

um......your tiny! You look so cute! Ican't believe allof us are having babies so close together. I really wish we lived closer and were able to get together more often! Good luck!!!

Jenn said...

Steph: Funny that you say that because that was my exact thought about you and Danyette. When both of you posted pictures I thought, "Wow, they're so tiny. I'm so much bigger than they are."

The Cox Family said...

I hear you about getting back into the baby mode. I was looking through all of my baby stuff the other day and started to become overwhelmed as a well. I am not quite sure if I am ready for a new baby in the house either!
You do look great by the way, and I am so jealous that you are so close to delivery!

Unknown said...

You are due when? You are just a tiny thing. Hopefully you have all your Christmas under wraps.

Rademacher's said...

That's so exciting... It's fun to have prego friends.. I know a few people that are around 19 weeks with me and it's fun to compare and chat with them.. The weird thing is that I swear it's BOY season right now. I know only one person having a girl all the rest are boys..

Cherlelynn Bednar said...

You look so beautiful! Congrats, congrats!

Maria said...

I am so glad you posted a picture. I have been waiting for it. Not all of us get the privilege of seeing you and your cute fam on a regular basis. You look awesome. Can't wait to see the little guy,

Rachel said...

you look so fabulous!

only a month away! It will come back to you in no time!