Monday, December 28, 2009

Baby Update

My doctor appointment went very well today. Last week I measured 3 cm. small (I consistently measure 1 cm. small)and so the doctor was insistent that we do an ultrasound quickly. I drug my feet because we a have a high deductible HSA account for insurance which means we'd have to pay for another ultrasound. I know I shouldn't let money be an issue so I felt guilty and awful about that but it's just that I can't imagine me measuring anything but small because I just don't have big babies. Not only that but we did the same thing with Clint and ended up with an ultrasound every week with him, which turned out to be good in the end because my fluid levels got to the point that they had to induce labor. Thankfully with this little guy the fluid levels looked good and he's just small. I just hate when the doctor is worried because then I figure if he's worried I should be twice as worried. He was super excited to have me only measuring 2 cm. small at this appointment. So now we're just trying to hold out for another week and a half.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have such a hard time relating to this. lol I consistantly measure atleast 3 cm. big. lol Are you being induced or anything? How fun would that be if we had the babies on the same day?

Jenn said...

Maybe you could just lend me a cm or two. LOL

I'm having a C-section on the 8th if I don't have contractions. You know your date-- Are you being induced/c-section too? I'm not waiting for your date (LOL)you'll have to go into labor early; that would be fun to have our babies the same day.

The Cox Family said...

Our poor doctor! I do the same thing. I never want anything done either until it is absolutely necessary. He is always shaking his head at me! I am glad that you are measuring closer to your due date though, and I hope that you are feeling ok. You are almost there! I am just sad that I won't be there to take care of you! I will make sure everyone takes great care of you though!

Spencer's Adventures said...

Holy cow...1 week now. That came up super fast...for me! Sounds like Christmas was fun. I have no idea what a gypsy is, but I'll have to talk to you soon. I miss you guys!