Friday, January 8, 2010

Baby Came

The week started with my last Dr. appointment on Monday. I measured 34 cm. which was 1 cm. less than last week. Dr. said at this point we'll just stick with the c-section on Friday because an ultrasound isn't going to change much and hopefully all is well. He said he thought all was okay which made me feel better. So then it was getting through the week. I'm not super sold on scheduled due dates. We've just had so much anxiety/drama that has built up to Friday. I'm just glad we survived it. Thursday night my parents came to stay the night since we had to be at the hospital at 6:30 AM. The night was rough. Darryl and I couldn't sleep. My mind was racing, the baby (who usually doesn't move after 11 PM was moving most of the night-- as much as I love that and I'm going to miss experience that so much, I was really hoping to get some good sleep so I would be very alert for the surgery and afterward) plus my back was really bothering me (as it has throughout the 3rd trimester). Well the big day came. We got up got ready to head to the hospital. The boys had woke up and were watching cartoons when we left. Kade was teary that we were leaving. He's quite the sensitive guy. When we got to the hospital we walked in and immediately they handed me a gown and the preparations were starting. I had the thought, "Whoa, lets slow down a little." Why? I don't know what else we would do this was going to happen today no matter how long the preparations took. Preparations went well, the surgery went very well. I was very alert for the whole thing and I had no reactions to the medications following-- other than a good reaction. When he was born I didn't know he was out and then I heard a distinct, "Waaa" I thought it was some silly sound someone made or button someone had pushed and then they said something about the baby and I realized he was born. I was so happy to see him and know that he was healthy. Later that day I felt so great I wanted to just get going unfortunately my legs were still a little too numb to walk until later that night and then we never saw a nurse to get approval for me getting up so we had to wait until Sat. morning. The medication they gave me lasted for 24 hours so all Friday and most of Saturday I was ready to go! I couldn't believe how great I felt, so I was up more than I probably should have been. Well the medication wore off and we switched to oral meds-- not near as helpful as those I had had previously. I was still wanting to get home as soon as possible; I just don't sleep when I'm at the hospital so I was anxious to get back home. On Friday Darryl's parents came up too. They spent the day at the hospital and home with the boys. The boys did come to see their new brother and I that afternoon. I was so glad they were able to come; 2 weeks ago hospital policy was no children under 14 because of H1N1. They came both Friday and Saturday for visits. Kade asked to see me walk both times and wanted to see my "cut." He was so concerned I wouldn't be the same I guess. Clint wanted to hold Cole the whole time. He'd say, "I want to hold the bA-by." He would hold him for a minute then he was done but as soon as he got down he was saying, "I just want to hold the bA-by." The doctor was pleased with how I was doing and the fact that the baby was nursing well and looking good, so he let us go home on Sunday. We were almost ready to leave the hospital but when we got him in his car seat it was too big for him and so they wouldn't release us until we found a different car seat. Where do you find a car seat in Heber on a Sunday at 11:00 AM!?. Almost everyone we know would be in church, or using their car seat. Fortunately we found a friend who let us borrow theirs and luckily it adjusted super small so the little guy(5 lb. 2 oz. when we left the hospital) would fit. When we got home my parents were at church with the boys. We were home for an hour or so before they got there. Lisa and Ron also came to see Cole. We had a great dinner together and then everyone left. My parents took the boys with them for a week vacation in Sevier Co. with grandparents and cousins. Kade again was a little teary. He really wanted to go see his cousins and stay at his grandparents but he wanted Darryl, Cole, and I to go too. We convinced him he was going to have a great time and then he'd come back. I was sad to see them go but I know there's no way I can do it with them here.

No comments: