Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Darryl's sister Wendy has been working in Heber and staying at our house during the Christmas break. It has been so much fun to have her here. I know she felt like I was waiting on her hand and foot and she was mooching off us, but she played and played with the boys-- If you have kids you know that I couldn't have asked for anything more from her. For New Years Eve we had our favorite pizza from a great little place in Midway and I got a special little something-- party poppers that advertised a toy, a hat, and a comment for the new year. Well the party poppers were a waste of $6. The toy was the size of the tip of my thumb, the hat was a create paper crown, the comment was a dry joke, and the pop-- well it didn't. In fact you had to tear it apart to get the stuff out of it. I guess we at least got a laugh out of how disappointing they were. Kade still talks about them too, so in his mind they were neat. We had a pizza 'picnic' on blankets and watched Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat. The local community theatre is doing that play this spring and Darryl is trying out. There a couple plays he'd love to do and that was one of them-- Good luck Love! That was about it for our New Years. We typically don't have a super festive night. One day we'll have game nights and play until 2:00 AM like my mom and dad. :)

1 comment:

Spencer's Adventures said...

Happy New Year! Ours was about that eventful...I have a hard enough time staying up to midnight now. I am not sure how that is going to happen when I get older...although it seems like when you are older you don't ever sleep. Might as well play games.