Sunday, March 28, 2010

Blessing Day


With everyone's busy schedules today was the only Sunday that Darryl and each of our parents would all be able to be at Cole's blessing so today was the special day. Both our parents, Lisa and her family, Jason and Emma, Jackie, and Jordan and her family were all there to spend the special day with us. Cole was super great. The only hiccup in the day was when we arrived at the church at 12:57 and realized that we didn't have a binki so I made a mad dash for home. Darryl did a great job with the blessing the one thing I remember the most was that he blessed Cole to tell many about the gospel. That just really hit me that my kids can and likely will gain testimonies of their own and be mature enough to share it with others. [Novel thought-- I know, I had just never really thought much about that before.] I just always think of my kids as toddlers for life. Kade has been saying he's only going to have 1 more birthday and then he doesn't want to have anymore--which I'm fine with. I'll keep him 6 or younger forever. ; )
Today Cole was such a chatter box. He just coos and goos but I could talk with him all day. He's such a cutie. He's completely content to just snuggle/hug you whether he's awake or asleep. Kade and Clint always pushed away from you because they wanted to look around. It's so great to have a cuddly baby. Grandpa Brown said while they were blessing Cole his eyes were bluer than blue and he looked like he was looking at someone up by the ceiling. I had a hard time finding an outfit for Cole. All of the stores/people that made Kade's and Clint's no longer make the tuxedos but I found this one online from a little store in Idaho; Shipping and all was $35! Cole was also wearing booties made by Lois Johnson, Diane Stubbs mother. Diane is the secretary at Redmond Minerals and she puts together the baby gift baskets for Redmond. Her mom must be the sweetest elderly lady to make those booties for people she doesn't even know.

4 comments:

Angie said...

He is so handsome! What a fun day!

Spencer's Adventures said...

I could have held him and talked to him all day too....I think Grandpa Brown knows what he's talking about. I love comments like that. BTW...the chickies are doing fine - well cared for by miss Abby.

Spencer's Adventures said...

I should just call you...anyway, I laughed at your messages, but I am getting used to your calls as you are leaving town. When I looked at the messages that said there were 4 I totally knew they were from you so I was giggling before I even listened to them :).

Cherlelynn Bednar said...

What beautiful pictures. He is such a beautiful baby. I love his blessing outfit :)