Monday, July 19, 2010

Clint is 4!

We celebrated Clint's Birthday a few times this year. While we were at Bryce Canyon we had cake, ice cream and presents. Then on the 28th we had a Treasure Hunt party with friends. I had the cupcakes, the pinata, and the presents be the treasure they were looking for so they went on a few treasure hunts by looking at a map I drew of our house. Kade and Clint love to have treasure hunts and so did their friends. I quickly made a Pin The X on The Treasure Map game so the kids would have something to do while they waited for everyone to arrive. They were pretty good at it, especially if the could see through the blindfold. ;) I put "gold coins" on the cupcakes and I think that was Clint's favorite part. He wanted to just get all the coins. I'm not sure what he'd do with them but he couldn't quit talking about them. He'd picked out a Dora pinata which was a pull pinata. I've never had one like that before and it was okay, but I think we stuffed it too full of candy so it did rip well. I'm done with store bought pinatas though. They don't break easily enough so we always end up tearing it apart for the kids-- I think it takes some of the fun out of it that way. After the friend birthday parties we always let the boys pick a place to go eat. Clint picked, where else, Chuck E Cheese! He loves to watch the characters sing and dance(move). They had a blast jumping from game to game too. Thanks to Dad we got A LOT of tickets and Clint picked out this fun gumball machine. He now asks if he can have a gumball at least 50 times a day. "Clint, what do you want for lunch?" "Can I have a gumball?" or "I'm hungry. I'm ready for breakfast. Can I have a gumball?" At least he asks.
A few things about Clint: He's always hungry. He's our spaz. He's Happy. He weighs 32 lbs. (5%)and is 38.5 inch tall(25 %). He's super smart and can sound out short words. He loves learning and doing 'homework' type things. We sure love this little guy.

No comments: