Saturday, July 3, 2010

Independence Day

A grand weekend! We started at the Aurora Park on Friday night for the firemans' dinner and fireworks. The boys loved the fireworks. Cole didn't cry, not even after the loud booms. He just watched with wide eyes. I guess that means he enjoyed them. Saturday Darryl did some work on some trees in his parents yard, then we went to Grandpa and Grandma Madsen's for lunch. Then it was back to the Bosshardt's for some more tree work. The boys were excited to help so they could earn some money to buy themselves headlamps(something they've wanted since we camped at Gooseberry). After the trees were done we went over to Salina to watch the parade. We were thinking of going to the rodeo(something I think the boys would have enjoyed) but we decided it would be better to just spend time with the cousins and then do our fireworks at Grandma and Grandpas that night. The boys were so excited to see Ann's kids and play with them. The fireworks were great, especially because we didn't get many annoying squealing fireworks this year-- Yea! The parachutes were a hit again, the tanks had a good battle, and the pagoda didn't pop up(disappointing). The next morning Darryl and I headed back to Heber to church and my parents kept Kade and Clint for two days because my mom had to come up to Orem for a Dr. appointment. Like I said a grand weekend. The icing on the cake was that I got to see a handful of friends whom I haven't seen for years! It's so great to reconnect with great friends.

2 comments:

Cherlelynn Bednar said...

What cute pics! I love to see all of the fun that Susan's been up to! I would love to steal them to update her on our blog---let me know what you think! Looks like you guys had a great time :)

Cherlelynn Bednar said...

Hey Jenn thanks a ton! I just "borrowed" some pics and will put them on my blog soon. They are so cute! I'm glad you got pics! Thanks for letting me use them!!! :) Have a great day :) :)