Saturday, July 31, 2010

Olympic Park

I took the boys to the Festival of Flight at the Olympic Park in Park City. It was right up their alley. We spent a lot of time watching the ski jumpers and bobsledders in last years Winter Olympics so they thought it was awesome to see it all in person. They loved everything about it. They had a blast watching the freestyle ski jumpers(especially the Flying Aces--they are SO amazing) and the distance ski jumpers. They had even more fun getting a taste of it themselves. Kade really wanted to do the big jump into the swimming pool-- one day, maybe. He wants me to sign him up for lessons. We'll see where that goes too. Our neighbor Greg was so great and he took us on a little VIP tour. He's a coach for the Olympic ski jumpers and so it's his second home up there. I put most of the journaling directly on each picture-- we'll see how that turns out. You have to click on the picture to read the journaling. I hope it shows up when I publish the pictures in the book. I can't believe it has taken us this long to get up to the Olympic Park. Why is it that you never go to the neat places that are out your own back door, places that people come from all over the world to see, but you'll travel all over the world to see other places. Such a strange phenomenon. We need to go up to the park again so we can go on the alpine slide.

1 comment:

Spencer's Adventures said...

That's awesome. I'm glad you guys had so much fun. I'll have to get a lesson on journaling right on the pictures...I didn't know you could do it.