Wednesday, December 8, 2010

11-- really I double checked


11 months-- 1 month away from a year? I'm not sure how it happens but 3 PM to 6 PM can seem like an eternity but January to January can seem like seconds. Cole is changing every day. It always amazes me that he can seem no where near being able to do some thing one day and then the next day he's doing it. My most favorite new trick he has is that he's been sleeping through the night for a little over a week! (crossing fingers, knocking on wood that is stays that way) He cries usually once each night but only for about a minute and then goes back to sleep. This is a big change from feeding him 2-4 times a night. Believe me if I could have I would have just put him back to sleep and let him cry it out for a while but he was truly starving every time. This change has been very conducive to my cutting back nursing-- I've been trying to cut him back because I'm having my knee scoped and I didn't want him to be too sad that he couldn't nurse. Well he's decided that he doesn't really care to nurse, and I think my body has decided we're done too so it's done and that's that. I've been sweating how weaning him would go ever since he was born. I was so worried he wouldn't be easy and I couldn't remember how I weaned Clint (Kade drank pumped milk out of a bottle so he was no problem). Cole has just recently figured out how to pull himself up. He doesn't do it much and after the few falls he's had he usually panics after it occurs to him he's standing. He is usually super content and happy. He loves to talk, usually by screaming many short blurts and squeals. I could squeeze him all day but he doesn't love that. :( He loves to crawl all over and explore and can sit and play with something interesting for quite a while. He really enjoys the Leapfrog fridge magnets. He squeals with delight as he climbs all over Kade and Clint. He gets so excited when he sees them and if he can hear them in another room he yells like he's calling them to come to him. He loves going outside, and recently enjoyed our trip to the park where his favorite thing was to go down the slide with Kade. He's 16.5 lbs. and 28 in. long.

1 comment:

Cherlelynn Bednar said...

Thanks for the updates about your adorable kiddies. Hope all goes well with your scope. I can't believe how fast time flies too. It's just crazy!