Monday, December 20, 2010

One of those . . .

I was one of those, "I should just go back to bed days," today. I got Kade off to school and then after taking care of a few things I ran to the store to quickly pick up a gift card that I needed to take to the Relief Society President for our ward angel tree. It was a messy weather day but I had to get it to her today so I ran to Smiths to grab the card. I found a parking spot and pulled up the row to park and another lady flew in and took the spot. No biggie-- Merry Christmas. So I pulled around the other row and found another spot, oops guess someone else was eyeing it too. I motion to her to take the spot. I see another spot up ahead. I pull in and WHAT? I just hit that car??????????????? HOW???????? I have no idea what happened? I was so shocked that it could have happened. I didn't think I was that close. And I even set there looking at it like--I'm not even that close!. Well I jump out of my car run into Smith's and have the owner of the Black LEXUS paged-- yes I chose a Lexus to hit(it gets even better). Turns out it was one of my friends. How nice am I. I felt awful, embarrassed, still in shocked that it all happened. The kicker was that she made me feel better about it. She should have been ticked at me but that's how she is--just an incredible person. We worked it all out but I feel bad that they'll have to get it fixed -- which means that they won't have the car for a while and they've got to set it up etc. Any mom can appreciate the fact that any little thing is just one more thing that you have to do and it really throws a wrench in the gears. So sorry it was my friend but so glad she's my friend.

Later that day I was feel very productive as I was finally getting all my end of the semester reports and things tucked away. While I was doing it I was on the floor working and needed to reach over to get a paper and knelt down on my knee which shoved one of the staples into my kneecap-- that felt great! I really think I"m just going to go back to bed.

No comments: