Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Fix My Knee

Well it has taken me 3 years to finally do something about my knee. Actually I've tried a million different things and none were making it so I could run. I love to run-- may sound crazy but I really enjoy it. There really isn't any other workout I'd rather do. Well about 3 years ago I was running with my friend and hurt my knee. I knew there was something wrong with it but still tried to run. Finally I had to quit and so I tried not running for a month and then slowly building up. Still no luck. Well this year was the year. I went to see the Dr. and found that I'd torn my meniscus. So today was surgery day to get it fixed! Wa Hoo! I was excited to have my knee not hurt but nervous because . . . well it's surgery. The doctor is so great so I'm not worried about him. He's the dr. that fixed Tiger Woods knee. He's pretty amazing and he practices in Park City. I just don't like the recovery. The Marshs watched my kids and the Spencers did for the last few minutes too. Darryl and I headed to Park City hospital about 2:15 and were back home about 6:45 PM. Crazy what they can do. They prepped me for surgery and then we waited, and waited suddenly the anaesthesiologist came in and started taking me to the surgery room. He gave me a drug and said I'd feel silly. When we got in the room they had me climb onto the surgery table and there was only 1 nurse in the room. She asked me to slide down and that is the last thing I remember. Very different than my C-sections at Heber hospital-- it was more like a party: music, 7 or so people, and I watched them all walk around getting me ready. When I woke up from my knee surgery I thought, "Oh no! I'm waking up and they haven't done anything yet." Well it wasn't long after that my leg started killing and I knee they had done something. About an hour later we were headed home. I was still feeling good from the pain meds when I went to bed and when I woke up the next day I felt really good. Maybe late surgery is the way to go. I don't plan on having any more surgeries though. Look for me running in the near future-- now I don't have an excuse to not run the races with my Sis and brother-in-law. Darryl's running his first marathon this coming year, maybe I'll get there with him some day.

No comments: