Monday, February 7, 2011

Cruise Trip Day 4 St. Thomas


We woke up to the sights of St. Thomas. Today was our first snorkel experience. I'd never snorkeled so I was a little worried about it since I have issues with being able to breath in water. We were taxied to a little canopy off the shore of a little bay. We kayaked for a ways and learned about the Mangrove trees and their importance to the life of the sea. Then we pulled off into an area that was covered by hermit crabs(or so we called them I can't remember their real name) we had a little hermit crab race, funny simply because all the crabs looked alike so everyone thought the winner was theirs. :) Then we started snorkeling. I was just getting the breathing when a HUGE maybe 4-5ft long barracuda swam under me. I was so excited and I wanted to show everyone, but all their heads were down and you can't yell. Darryl was next to me and saw it though! I couldn't wait to see more so down my head went into the water. Then a thought crept into my head, ' the barracuda is going to come eat your toes.' I was completely freaked out for a while and had to get my breathing under control again and get my head together. I calmed down and explored more. There were some fun fish--one spot had millions of little fish swimming all around us. We went over to a blow hole and got soaked standing by it for pictures. Then it was back to the kayaks to head back to the ship. We stopped along the way for a little shopping. There was a little boy(about 2 yr old) I fell in love with in one of the shops we went in. I really wanted to bring him home. Marcia said she thinks his mom knew that because the mom immediately picked him up and left the shop. He was SO cute and he kept smiling at me.

Holy iguanas batman! These big guys were all over at this port-- the creepy thing is that you didn't know they were watching you until someone would point them out and then you'd see you were being watched by dozens! The look like they have such attitudes-- I love it. Check out the picture of the iguana walking along the sidewalk, now look over at the rocks, you can see one poking his head up-- funny.
Tonight was formal dress night-- great photo op. for every one.













After dinner we went to a comedian and then to their feature dance show. It was great. They highlighted many of the fun dance memories of our time. Then it was off to bed. It's nice that about everywhere you go there is a band or music so we danced a little while we waited for the shows to start. We haven't felt the tiredness set in yet but I'm sure it will come.

No comments: