Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cruise Trip Day 7 St. Lucia


It was a great day overall. I say overall because we had the worlds worst ride for those of us who get car sick. We had a tour/ride around the whole island of St. Lucia today. It was so neat to see it all, but wow! we're talking super windy, jerky, up and down. Some people in our group who never get car sick got sick. It was rough. The taxi driver said someone usually throws up. I was relieved that I didn't. Along the trip we got to stop at a few awesome places. The first was a series of zip lines through the rain forest-- SO incredible! I love to zip line so this was so great to be able to zip line and when the fun is over unhook, and rehook to another line, then again and again, 12 times! Some were really high and others were really long. It was a fabulous way to see the forest. The second great stop was at a local restaurant(I'm not sure if that would be a good word for it). It was a little shack off the side of the road. It was pretty good food-- I didn't love it but I love really getting to know what they eat, do and are like in the different places I visit. They did cut open a few grapefruits for us which were unlike any I've ever had--incredible! The last stop was a little hike that took us to a summit where we had a great view of the Pitons. They called this something like the hike to heaven; it was beautiful up there. There is also a cassava hut along the way. We got to watch them make cassava cakes; They were pretty tasty.
Then it was back to the ship. Tonight after another dinner of many new dishes we went to a magic show by Bobby Borgia. It was really fun. He did a lot of magic with the audience as a whole so it was fun to be so engaged. I hate when I can't see that there is some kind of logical way that he could do the tricks though! Then we headed over to another comedian. He was pretty funny and clean-- which is always relieving. Hmm, another great day.

1 comment:

Katie said...

So fun!!! What a great anniversary trip!