Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cruise Trip Day 6 Antigua


While we were waiting for our turn to go on our excursion we spent some time checking out a few animals they had in cages. There were parrots, song birds, iguanas and monkeys. The parrots would say hello and one kept dancing up and down it was so cute. There was a monkey with serious fangs and he was not nice at all. I walked over to the cage and said something sweet to him and he jumped down right in my face and hissed-- psycho! Today we had a little later morning and then it was off to swim with the stingrays. Yep-- we were going to go intentionally go hang out with tons of those animals that killed the Crocodile Hunter! I wasn't too worried about it, if fact I was so excited about this excursion, that is until we got on the boat to go and everyone started talking about the Crocodile Hunter. I'd forgotten that it was a stingray that killed him. Okay, so I'm now officially nervous! They were everywhere and they were HUGE! Before we went they warned us about being very careful not to step on one. Well they didn't mention that their tails are spiky so when one went past me it poked my let and I lost it a little. :) They calmed me down and said, "It's just their tail rubbing against your leg they're not stinging you." Then we got to hold them and feed them. They have some serious suction power; more than my vacuum by far. The would swim into you and it would knock you off balance so then I was scared one would swim under my foot after I got tipped and then I'd step on one. Wow, this was great--pretty intense. The best part was while I was floating on top of the water watching them with my snorkel when one came up under me and so it kind of carried me as it swam. Tonight we went to the dance show-- it wasn't as great tonight. We did a little dancing and then Darryl melted all the ladies singing Neal Diamond's "Hello Again" at karaoke. We topped the night off with a game of Farkel with Neal, Marcia, Paul, and Wendy.

No comments: