Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines

It's the first day back-- we got home about 1 AM this morning-- and so I've been trying to unbury the house. We walked through the door last night and dropped everything. There are suitcases and all kinds of baby gear piled to the ceiling(it feels like that anyway). So while I was lost in laundry the doorbell rang. I opened the door to see these beauties staring at me.


I'd forgotten it was Valentine's Day and so I was confused for a split second. Then when I opened the card and read "Love you, Danell" I was confused again. Then I realized the florist's r looks like and n so it said Darell. Still Darell and Darryl look very different so you can understand my moment of confusion. The surprise and beautiful flowers were just what I needed to remind me that today is a great day and I don't need to be so caught up in the fact that the house is a disaster and there are many things that need to be done; Everything will be in order again and I'll be happy that so many things were accomplished. I think another contributor to my need for a pick-me-up is that Cole still isn't liking me. I'm not sure if he's mad that I left him for so long or if he doesn't remember me or what-- but he doesn't seem to care for me at all still. :( I miss my little buddy cuddling me for a short moment.

No comments: