Monday, October 27, 2008

A Conversation

We're stopped at a red light in near main street in Heber where a business complex was built last year.
Kade pointing in a circular motion, "I built all these houses."
Surprised I questioned, "Really, you built all these?"
"Yep."
"Did anyone help you?"
"Ya, Greg."
"Greg who?"
"The Dani and Brie Greg." (Greg is Dani and Brie's dad)
"Oh, that sounds like hard work."
"Ya, I was just sweaty."
"You were pretty sweaty, hu. You must have been working hard."
"We just built them the one day and then they fell down."
"That doesn't sound good. What did you do then?"
"We just fix them. Then they break again and again, but we just fix them."
Smiling I say, "Hmmm. Maybe you ought to rethink your contractor."
Kade didn't respond and so with the break in conversation we sat in silence for a short while.
Then again he sighs and says, "Ya, I built all these."

Kids just kill me. I just love to listen to the things they all say.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I haven't checked your blog in a while, and let me just say..I love your family pictures! You are beautiful and your family is pretty cute too. You could be a model! The picture by yourself is so gorgeous. Darryl has a hot wife! Secondly I love Love love your kids halooween costumes. Something about Clint in his just makes me laugh. And thirdly your kids sound so funny, there is a chance that they might be almost as funny as mine. :)