Monday, October 20, 2008

We love visitors!














We love when we get the chance to see friends, and we really love when we get the chance to have them stay with us. That is an invitation to anyone who would like a vacation to Heber Valley! You're welcome anytime!


On Sunday one of Darryl's lifelong buddies came to visit from Virginia. We enjoyed a great dinner with them that night and then after an extremely late night of reminiscing we crashed in our beds. Monday morning we took a quick trip to Cascade Springs. It was a short but great visit with Jeff and his family. The boys loved playing with their new little friends Emma and Ethne. Jen and I had a great time swapping mom stories and wife stories. It was funny to find out how similar Jeff and Darryl are as husbands and fathers.

Side story:

When we told Kade we were going to Cascade Springs he kept emphasizing, "But don't let me fall in the water. Okay? You will hold me Dad? Let's not get in the water." We assured him we wouldn't let him get wet. As soon as we arrived at the springs Kade ran up to a sign and started to 'read,' "Don't get in the water. Mom, it says, 'Don't get in the water.'" After that every sign we passed all the kids said, "It says, 'Don't get in the water.'" Kids are pretty funny. I have to say that Kade may sound concerned but his actions weren't consistent with his voiced concern. He was running all over the board walks from side to side. There were a few times I was certain he was going to fall in the water.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

It is so pretty up there!!

I agree, we love visitors too

Stacie Aho said...

Your boys are so cute. I love Clint's big smile with all his teeth! Great pictures.

Hopefully we'll come up and visit soon :)

Jenny said...

I would love a vacation away from home. When is a good time for me to come and stay with you? Rachel your house is next, I would love to break in that new sofa sleeper.