Friday, October 24, 2008

Trick-Or-Treat Early

Our ward had a Halloween Dinner and Trunk-Or-Treat tonight. It was different. I've never been trunk-or-treating before. It was nice for the fact that you had 30 min. of 'answering the door' per say, instead of the all night sporadic calls. However, I felt like it took a lot of the fun out of it. The kids just went down the row of cars, most didn't even say 'trick-or-treat,' greedily filling their bags. Then they went back around a few times until everyone was out of candy. I prefer the good old door to door tradition. Kade was set on being Lightning McQueen and I couldn't change his mind, so it was to the drawing board for me. Clint loves to hop like a frog so when I saw this Frog Prince costume at the thrift store we went with it.

I forgot to write about this and it is a must remember!
When we were painting Kade's Lightning McQueen costume he said, "I'll go to my friend's houses and get candy. I'll say 'trick-or-treat ka-chow!' I told him he'd probably get double if he did that. 'Ka-chow' is Lightning McQueen's key phrase. Kade is so cute when he says it. He winks the whole side of his face trying to wink his eye like Lightningh McQueen.

5 comments:

Spencer's Adventures said...

I loved Kade's Lightning McQueen car. I heard a lot of people talking about how cute it was too. Great job!

Jenny said...

YOU MADE THAT! Jenn you amaze me more every day! We went to the dinner only, I know my kids love trick or treat and the last thing we needed was to go twice, and have that much sugar in my home!

Rachel said...

Love love love Lightin McQueen!!!

Grob Family said...

Hey Jenn that is what I wanted to make for Anthony too. Do you just want to mail it to me? Then the work is done for me. j/k Kade would probably not approve of that. But could you send me your "pattern" That might at least help.

Brasher family said...

What cute kids in cute costumes!! By the way, I LOVE your costume and can't believe you can still wear that!! You definitely pulled it off! How fun!