Monday, September 6, 2010

Bye-Bye Garden

It was great while it lasted. Last night the poor garden got zapped by the 28 deg. temperature. Of course I could have covered it, my excuse is that I didn't know it was going to freeze until we were headed to bed and by then I had no desire to go out in the freezing cold and cover it at 11:30. I'm usually pretty good about that because I hate to see all of the summer work benefits come to an end. We had okay peas, the chickens really messed up the beets and onions, great chard, great beans, great corn(much to my surprise, I thought it was going to be super short but it shot up after it tasseled out), good peppers, great cherry tomatoes, great cucumbers, great squash, I haven't checked the potatoes, and there are a LOT of green large and roma tomatoes but I doubt they will be good after the freeze.

No comments: