Saturday, September 25, 2010

Dad's BYU Helmet

One of Dad's best ICU nurses, Spencer, is also a great artist and turned Dad's head wrap into a BYU helmet. Too bad they only scored 1 touchdown so he only got one paw print. I tried to get a picture of him with his eyes open but he just couldn't do it for me. He slept and didn't eat hardly a thing Saturday night through Friday. Pretty worrisome time. The confirmed he had a stroke either Wed. night(the day of the surgery) or Thursday morning. So they moved him to the rehab section of the hospital so they could hopefully get his left side moving again. The second day in rehab the put in a feeding tube which I think gave him some calories to be able to stay awake a little more. I've been going down as much as I can. When he was in the ICU I would go and hang out in the waiting room with Cole and while Cole was sleeping I'd go in with Dad while someone came out and sat with Cole. I know I didn't do much there but it was nice to just be there. I was useless at home anyway-- just couldn't get anything done-- my mind was mush. Darryl's parents took the boys from Thursday night to Monday afternoon; What a HUGE help. Darryl was so great to let me be gone too. He took care of himself, and honestly I didn't even think about what to do for him for food or anything. Like I said-- my mind was mush. Since he's been in rehab I can have Cole in with me but I haven't been down as much because he's in therapy all day until 3:30 and then naps hard until dinner. So dinner time is the only time to really visit him and since I'm teaching Mon. and Wed. nights I can't go those nights. I wish I could just stay and keep him company-- I know he's lonely but unfortunately I can't take care of my family and be there all the time. Since being in rehab he has made improvements instead of setbacks! WAHOO!

No comments: