Friday, September 24, 2010

It's My Party . . .



. . .and I'll cry if I want to. Well, since this is my journal I'm going to once again write personal feelings. So today was my birthday, and thanks to my sweetheart and many family members and friends it was as great as it could be. Darryl surprised me and made me this key lime pie from a recipe he found in a food magazine-- it was the best key lime pie I've ever had!-- and I've had my fair share around the country. I spent the day at Utah Valley Hospital with my dad, my mom, brother Wayne, brother Buzz, and Cole. I was so excited Wed. after the surgery. He seemed to be doing SO well. The next day there were set backs and ever since he just hasn't improved at all and won't be leaving ICU any time soon. So I worry about him and how it will go. Darryl came down and took us all out to eat at Tepanyaki's. It was nice to eat something besides the hospitals cafe' food. In pondering what I want for my birthday all I could think of was what a great gift it would be to go back and erase this whole cancer experience. Yes there has been some amazing lessons learned through it but I really don't enjoy this part; the guessing game of how it will all turn out. Anyway, there were many friends who gave me birthday wishes and made the day brighter-- I've got great people in my life.

No comments: