Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Gift For You


Clint has been on a gift kick lately. He tells us often to, "keep our eyes open for a box," that he can use to wrap a present. Well, I emptied the band-aid box and the vitamin bottle came in a box so he got two boxes today! He immediately grabbed the first thing he saw--Cole has some baby toy beads that hook together and Clint snagged one of the beads and threw it in a box. Then for the other box he put my chapsticks in, after all who doesn't want a baby slobbered toy and some used chapsticks! He informed me he needed some wrapping paper so we got a little bit of the Christmas wrapping paper and he wrapped them up (with a little help). Then he said the chapsticks were for "Amonga"(we have NO idea where he got this word but he says it A LOT. He told me how to spell it so I could write it on the present: Cycieke. Then he said the other present was for Braxton; Braxton is our friend who's mom had a new baby boy. I wrote Braxton's name on the other gift and thought we were done with this game. Oh no, no, no-- was I wrong! Clint INSISTED he was taking the present to Braxton. I tried everything my clever diverting mother mind could come up with. He was not going to forget about that gift and he was not going to accept any reason not to take it. When I said, "We can't today we don't have time, we've got too much to do. Now go get your shoes on so you can go to Abby's while I take Kade to do his Kindergarten testing." He said, "Okay! I'll just put the present in the car and we can take it to Braxton after." He wasn't getting it, and if he was he wasn't going to let me win. When I went to Spencers to pick up Clint after Kade's test Wendy and I started talking. I realized Clint was headed up the street. I hollered at him to find out where he was going--I should have known. He held up the gift and said, "I'm going to run this up to Braxton's real quick!" What a kid! At this point I knew I would just have to call Rosie and explain the situation afterward. He ran up to their door, knocked, and then proudly handed Kyle the present with strict instructions that it was for Braxton and his baby. Of course Rosie's phone was busy so I couldn't explain it right away-- in fact it took my a couple days to get to her and explain it all. She said she figured there must be a funny story behind it all but her mom, who when she heard the gift was from "Clint", thought that some strange man had brought a bizarre gift to the house. We're all a little nervous about what the Swayse baby is going to end up with. He has us looking out for another box since they're, "going to have a baby soon too." I can't get enough of this kid-- how can you not love that!?.

No comments: