Sunday, September 5, 2010

testimony

My parents came and "camped" in their trailer next to our house this weekend. There was a BYU football game they went to on Sat. night then they just stayed in their trailer that night in Provo then came up to Heber Sun. morning. They went to church with us and then stayed until Mon. afternoon. It was so great to have them here and the boys especially loved having Grandma and Grandpa camping here! On Sunday my dad got up to share his testimony. I was in the mother's room nursing Cole but they have speakers that pipe it into the room. I was so thankful for them(the speakers) today. I was so nervous when I heard my dad's voice-- I hate that I feel that way, but sometimes my dad's brain misfires and he can be pretty "not with-it." Well today was just the opposite. It's amazing how coherent he is when it comes to the gospel. He knows. He has such an amazing testimony and I was so glad everyone could hear it and feel it. My dad mentioned that during his diagnosis of cancer and the surgery he literally could feel people praying for him. It reminded me of my first year at college. I had a math professor that wrote huge exams that no one could finish and so I was getting horrible grades on the tests and it was content that I thoroughly understood. I was so distraught how this math grade would affect my math career and so I cried often to my parents via the telephone. One night, just out of the blue, I was sitting in my apartment with my roommates chatting or something and I had this comforting feeling and I knew my parents were praying for me-- the only way to explain it would be to say that the Holy Ghost impressed my mind to know that my parents were praying for me. It's amazing how much just the knowledge of peoples prayers has power. ANYWAY, it was so neat to hear my dad speak of the same feelings that I have felt and to be reminded of how strong his faith is. Side note: I'm writing this side note a month after this experience. A week later after my dad shared his awesome testimony we find out his cancer is back. I will cherish this moment for a lifetime. I hope my boys were listening to Grandpa and will remember his unshakable faith.

No comments: