Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Clint's Birthday!


Well Clint was turning 5 today whether I was ready or not. I kept wanting to work on party plans for Clint but life has been a little busy so I kept thinking I'd get to get the next day and couldn't. I had intended on doing it at my mom's house but being sick made me useless. Darryl had an early morning meeting today so we decided we'd celebrate with him at dinner time. That was a relief because I hadn't had a chance to go to a store to get him a gift, so while he was sleeping I ran to Kings and found the perfect gift, a spinney paint and spinning pottery wheel. This morning I had no idea what we'd do for a friend party, Clint had picked the go somewhere big with the family instead of the friend party option. Well he changed his mind a couple weeks ago and I hadn't gotten to that. So this morning at 6:30 no idea other than he wanted a fireman party because we had silly string at Kade's fireman party. Well at 6:45 he'd decided he wanted a Wild Kratt Party, and I had no idea what to do with that. Well the ideas started flowing. I immediately thought of how the boys play like they have creature power discs for different powers. So I figured we could make the kids different creature power disks and do different things with them like the spider disc they could make spider webs with silly string. Yea the silly string was incorporated so Clint was happy! We had the party planned, the invitations made and delivered by 1:00. When Darryl got home it was about 6:45 and I had Bunco at 7, so in 10 min we had candles and song, presents, and pizza(as per Clint's request). What a whirlwind of a day! Darryl and the boys watched Summer of the Monkeys. They have been reading it together and just finished the book a couple weeks ago. It sounds like the book is the more preferred. Clint was thrilled to get a spy kit just like Kade's from Granny and Grandpa Bosshardt. (They played spys almost everyday for months). He was also very excited about his paint and pottery set.

No comments: