Saturday, July 9, 2011

DC day 2


Today we got to tour many of the Smithsonian sights. We went to the Natural History Museum, the National Archives, the Smithsonian Castle, and National Museum of American History. I was so surprised at how much time you can spend in one museum; A person could spend a whole day reading and watching everything in one museum. I didn't take many pictures partially because many of the places won't allow it because it depletes the artifacts, and the other reason I didn't was because I was too busy just taking it all in. It was so amazing to see all the different animals in the Natural History Museum--especially the sea life. I never knew squids were so big. I don't ever want to run into one of those guys. It was really neat to see the Constitution and other documents. I thought it was really interesting to learn that if they didn't do all the of the things they do to protect the Constitution the writing would have disappeared within a few years. At the American History Museum I really enjoyed walking down memory lane. There are so many things that you just don't see any more now that we're in a technology world. I was bothered by the exhibit about the African Americans. I just can't understand why people can feel mightier than someone else and let their emotions take over and then do horrible things to others because of it. Darryl, Dennis, and Kris went and sat up the both so they didn't get to join us on all of it. But we reunited, went to dinner, and then to WICKED!!!!! It was SO great--even for the second time. The first time is amazing because it's new, the second time you see connections that you didn't see the first time. Oh I love that show! I felt like the luckiest person in the world to be in DC with Darryl at Wicked.

No comments: