Sunday, July 10, 2011

DC Day 3


I think today we(as in the tag-alongs Karlie, Rachel, and I) spent a lot of our time at the show just browsing. Karlie and Rachel had never been to a show. In the afternoon we all met up at the Masonic Temple only to find it closed. :(
That's okay though cause there is a Rita's close--kind of :) We made the hot trek to Rita's and enjoyed a "wudder-ice" as they would say in Phili. Darryl told me about Rita's over 10 years ago and he has never quit talking about them. Every time he's close to one when he's back east he makes sure he stops in. I was so excited to finally get to taste these "celestial slurpee's." The passion fruit gelati was my favorite. I normally don't go for ice cream mixed with sherbet like stuff but their custard is SO good. If you're every close to one it's worth going. (In fact we ended up going to another Rita's that was close to our hotel the next day! :D)

No comments: