Monday, July 11, 2011

DC Trip Day 4


Wow I wish I wasn't so behind on posting I don't remember much of today. :( In the afternoon all the girls(Kris included) went to the Holocaust Museum. It was huge. I couldn't believe that Hitler was such a calculating man long before the holocaust. The Nazi party struggled and struggled but Hitler had a plan. He got into a power seat and then had all the opposing political parties arrested and then what happened to them was very similar to all those that followed them during the Holocaust. Again I found myself so appalled that someone or even people could be so arrogant and have the ability to treat other human beings the way they did; Not even just at the camps but during all of Hitlers research experiments. I don't think the man valued anyone but himself. I found it interesting the eeriness that existed in the Propaganda exhibit. It talked about how the Nazi people(with much guidance of Hitler) groomed people to see Jews as worthless, a demon, and fools. I could see some similarities of all the Republican/Democrat hatred-- it made me sick. Hello segregation.
Today we went back to the Masonic Temple. It was very interesting to go through all though our guide didn't thoroughly know about the masons-- good thing we had Darryl there to answer our questions. :) This is a picture of the front lobby.

No comments: