Saturday, July 23, 2011

Unbelievable!

The boys love the parachute fireworks and so we get a big one each year. This year we decided to take it to the park so they could chase the parachutes whichever way they went. It sounded like a grand idea. Aunt Wendy was here so it made for a perfect time for the boys; they love Aunt Wendy(and all their other Aunts and Uncles too). We let off some smoke bombs and then headed to the park. Mr. Cole was getting rather ornery so I decided to put him in his crib. After he was asleep we walked to the park. Darryl put the firework on the basketball court, making sure not to put it on the grass so it wouldn't tip over like the time we were at the Roberts-- that was funny. Anyway, Kade lit it(with Darryl's help) and then it was eyes to the skys. The first of the 7 shots went up. It had some sparkly crackles that went off went it blasted out the parachutes in the air. That was something new since prior to this year you couldn't have a firework that shot fire higher than 15 ft. I was still gawking at the parachutes when an incredible pain struck my leg. I couldn't figure out what had happened. It felt like I'd just been hit by a baseball bat. Finally it all clicked together and I realized the firework was tipped over. I yelled at Wendy and Clint to run because they were setting next to me. Luckily no one else was hit hard. And luckily I wasn't sitting down or it would have hit my trunk instead of my leg. The force of those shots is so incredible. The percussion sent blood/bruising to the back of my leg. My leg was so swollen. It looked like a giant goose egg all the way down my leg. We were so lucky that I wasn't sitting on the ground holding Cole too, or even that the firework didn't shot a few feet to my right and hit Clint and Wendy. I think it would have caused some serious damage--scary. So I'm thankful my leg got hit-- I guess. :) Darryl and I were headed to the Hale Theatre after the firework and I was in a lot of pain but went anyway. I was so glad I did. The show was called The Hit. It was so good. It was fun to go on a date with my love too. :)
The pictures don't do the injury justice-- it really looked horrific.

No comments: