Monday, January 28, 2008

Little things

Last night I made a new chicken dish, Spinach Stuffed Chicken. Darryl and I thought it was great but I don't expect my boys to eat everything new. However, I do expect them to taste everything. Well Kade had a bite of potatoes, loved them and ate a nice serving. Then time to try the chicken. Without pressure he took one bite and said, "No stankyou." (which is no thank you.) He continued eating some more potatoes then announced he was full. Just to make sure he was good and done I asked, "Do you want anymore potatoes?"

Kade replied, "No, stankyou."

So I thought I'd offer one last time, "Do you want some more chicken."

Kade kind of chuckled and said, "Don't be silly."

They truly are the cutest things ever!

3 comments:

Spencer's Adventures said...

I love the little things!...And I love having a place where I will actually write them down :).

Rachel said...

Don't be silly, I would say that about spinach too!

Jenny said...

I have that rule too, Brian however makes them eat everything they are served. So while he is home I try and serve up the plates before he does. Although eating dinner has never killed them, it is amazing. I just feel terrible as they are sitting there for hours. I love the "don't be silly" that is one smart kid to come up with a response like that.