Wednesday, January 2, 2008

YUM!


I'm always looking for a yummy, super fast, new recipe. I found it! Darryl and I have been hooked on this for a while now. We both really love balsamic vinegar so maybe that is why.

Side note: I use 1 & 1/3 c. olive oil, 2/3 c. balsamic vinegar, 1/2 - 2/3 tsp. red pepper flakes, 1/2 - 1 Tbl. dried Italian seasoning plus a dash of dried basil, and then everything else the correct amounts.
ENJOY!

Balsamic Chicken
Ingredients:
2-3/4 cup olive oil
1 cup balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 cup fresh basil, minced or 1-2 Tbl dried Italian seasoning
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
12 oz cooked pasta of choice(we've had pene and bowtie)
Shredded Parmesan cheese
Method:


1. Combine first 7 ingredients on large baking dish. Stir to coat chicken chicken.
2. Place baking dish in oven on high broil. Broil approx 7-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
3. Toss chicken over cooked pasta; use a rubber scraper and get all the seasonings off baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Serves 4.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I LOVE vinegar!! I am so trying this next week! Thanks for solving the dinner dilema!

Jenn said...

I too LOVE vinegar. This doesn't have a strong vinegar taste to me. If you haven't had balsamic vinegar before, like me, it is more sweet and just different. Let me know what you think. I could see some people not appreciating the taste.

Jenny said...

Jenn, well last night I made this kind of. I have a habbit of leaving key ingredients out. I forgot the parmensan cheese. But tonight when I had the left over I remembered and it was great. I am glad I did what you recommended with the less oil and less vin. I think I could have even cut back more on the oil and maybe more vin. I also used different pasta. Tonight the little pasta rolls kind of reminded me of Escargot. Brian loved the Chicken!!! oh and my kids finished theirs as well!
Thanks