Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Potty Time

I've hesitated posting anything about this because I didn't want to jinks it. But we've been doing the potty training thing for about a week now. It all started last Friday when Darryl took him running to the bathroom because he said potty. I thought, 'Ya, right.' Well he went. Same thing happened a few hours later. Hmmmm. Maybe this is it! A while later he said it again so I took him and he went again. I'm totally dying at this point. Okay, this is why, it's not Kade doing the training it is CLINT!!!! He is barely 18 months and he probably goes 80-90% of the time in the toilet. What is that? Here's Kade, who will be 3 in a couple weeks, and he doesn't seem to be ready and then this????? So now I'm frustrated that Kade isn't doing better with it, where before I figured I'd let him just do it when he was ready. Kade has gone a few times now that Clint has or maybe it's just because we seem to be spending all our time in the bathroom so it's more convenient. I didn't realize what potty training can entail: the amount of time just sitting in the bathroom and the frequency of those trips. Oh the glorious times.

4 comments:

Spencer's Adventures said...

You might need to set up your portable DVD on the sink....

Stacie Aho said...

Jen! That's so awesome! So what is your secret? What made Clint want to go on the potty? Hahaha... I hope MJ learns early too! Hopefully Kade will catch on soon and you'll be diaper free!! Woohoo!
Stacie

Jenny said...

Aiden was 15 months when he was #2 trained it took longer for #1. My Second child (Aiden) caught on fast! Maybe Clint will teach his older brother. If you need any ideas I have lots, I just don't offer a guarentee with the ideas!

Rachel said...

I am not sure we can remain friends Jenn. If your little man, only 1 1/2 is potty trained before my Kendal, I am going to cry.

Not really, I am truly, from the bottom of my heart happy for you! I have a picture of Kelsey on the potty chair, really doing what is supposed to happen on the potty chair, at 17 months. Some kids get it, some kids don't!

That is pretty funny Clint is all over it and Kade could care less! Okay, not funny, but interesting!